Sponsorship and Funding Information 2019-2020
Rangitāne Tū Mai Rā will make available 1% of its total investment returns within any financial year. Currently this equates to $10,000 per annum or two funding rounds of $5,000.00 per annum.
|Application opens||1 February 2020 to 31 July 2020|
|Decision notified||Early August 2020|
|Funding released||On approval|
|Evaluation due||On completion of programme and funds being spent|
|Total Fund Available $5,000.00|
2019-2020 The Trust will meet twice in each financial year, as follows:
- Applications received between 1 February – 31 July 2020 will be considered in August 2020
- Applications received between 1 August 2020 – 31 January 2021 will be considered in February 2021
Applications need to be made on the Rangitāne Tū Mai Rā application form (PDF form download or Online form on this page) and received by the Rangitāne Tū Mai Rā office within the timeframes above. Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to 11 Cole Street, Masterton.
All questions on the application form are required to be answered.
Rangitāne Tū Mai Rā’s purpose is to receive, manage, hold and administer Rangitāne Tū Mai Rā’s Assets on behalf of and for the benefit of the present and future Members of Rangitāne, including specifically:
- Preserving and enhancing the mana, honour and integrity of Rangitāne;
- Revitalising, preserving and maintaining of Rangitāne reo, tikanga and kawa for future generations;
- Promoting the identity, educational, spiritual, economic, social and cultural advancement of wellbeing of Rangitāne;
- Promoting the health and wellbeing generally, including of rangatahi, the aged or those suffering from mental or physical sickness or disability of Rangitāne;
- Providing for the ongoing maintenance and establishment of places of cultural or spiritual significance to Rangitāne; and
- Preserving, enhancing and maintaining the natural environment of Rangitāne.
Outside of general operating costs of the Rangitāne Tū Mai Rā as defined in the Trust Deed, the Initial Plan, also provides that income received during the initial phase should cover:
- Cultural revitalisation projects and projects to ensure both Rūnanga and the Rangitāne Tū Mai Rā are prepared for the post settlement phase, for example:
- Development of a Beneficiary Roll for the Rangitāne Tū Mai Rā;
- Development of the draft Kotahitanga Plan;
- A framework for the Rūnanga arrangements with the Rangitāne Tū Mai Rā;
- A review of the Rūnanga structural arrangements to align with the post settlement phase;
- Development of a short term and long-term cultural revitalisation programme;
- Collation of the evidence used through the Treaty Claims process, into one publication as a record for the iwi; and
- Any other projects suggested by the Rūnanga in relation to cultural revitalisation that Rangitāne Tū Mai Rā considers appropriate, following full consideration of a project plan and costings.
Rangitāne Tū Mai Rā will consider any applications for funding/sponsorship against the following:
- The overall objective of the proposed project and how it is relevant to Rangitāne Tū Mai Rā’s purpose;
- Whether the proposed project is similar, or has the same purpose, as any other project being funded by Rangitāne Tū Mai Rā in the same financial year;
- Whether there are alternative or more suitable funding sources for the proposed project;
- The key objective under the Initial Plan of ensuring that the on-account payment is not diminished in any way;
- Any views or comments expressed by beneficiaries regarding Rangitāne Tū Mai Rā’s activities, particularly those made at hui-ā-iwi or Annual General Meeting and supported by those present;
- Any other relevant provisions or guidelines the Rangitāne Tū Mai Rā may adopt by formal resolution, including any specific investment strategy.
To align with the Rangitāne Tū Mai Rā’s objectives, applications for funding must fall under one or more of the following categories:
- Economic Development;
- Health and Wellbeing;
- Conservation and the Environment;
- Arts, Culture and Heritage;
- Education; or